Become a Therapeutic Foster Parent
You can help give a child a chance to reach their dreams.
There are many children in your community that desperately need the love and guidance of a family. We are searching for compassionate individuals or couples with open hearts, willing to nurture and support these vulnerable children Could you foster a child?
At our agency, we provide therapeutic foster care, which is a higher level of care needed for children who have been wounded by severe abuse and neglect. Therapeutic foster parents are trained to provide a structured environment that supports learning, social and emotional skills. Therapeutic foster parents play a huge role in the healthy development of a child. Foster parents provide a stable, nurturing and safe home life, for example, helping their child get ready for school every day, going over homework and taking them to doctor’s appointments. They also serve as role models, showing their children how to live with a family and the importance of being members of a healthy family.
What kind of people are foster parents?
All types of people become foster parents. They may be younger or older, and may or may not have had birth children. They may own or rent their home. They may be single or married. All foster parents must be willing to learn about the needs of the children and receive training. They must be 21 or older.
What kind of support do we provide foster parents?
To assist you in building a healthy foundation for the child you foster, Children’s Aid and Family Services offers comprehensive support:
- A monthly stipend and medical coverage for the child, as well as financial assistance for clothing
- 24/7 support from our professional staff
- Case management that provides comprehensive, individualized support to foster parents
- Professional services including weekly therapy for the child
- Ongoing foster parenting training
How to learn more…
- Call 201-261-2800 to speak with a Foster Family Specialist
- Visit our FAQ
- Email our Foster Family Specialists at email@example.com
- PLEASE NOTE: The beautiful children in our care range in age from 6-18 years. We are able to provide support for families living within, or in the proximity of the following New Jersey counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic, and Union. Please contact us to determine if your place of residence falls within our service area.